CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Here is an Interesting E-mail!

My world has been flipped upside down!!! As of the 1st of July 2010 when Pres. Matern goes home the Switzerland Zurich Mission will be dissolved! It will be no more! The First Presidency has been praying about it for a while now, and this is what the Lord wants. Our mission will be merged with the get ready... I will give you a hint. It is where Dad served.. Yes, the Munich Austria Mission! Crazy!! I don't know if that is what it was called when he served there though. I could have the chance to serve in the same areas that he did for my last 5 months! It is going to be insane! The Swiss Government has really been cracking down lately, I mean really... Last week another missionary got sent to the states, they kicked him out like Elder Schults. Another one almost had a close call. As of May Switzerland will not allow any American Missionaries here! The ones here can stay but no new ones. I am freaking out, because about a month ago I had to go to Zurich to re-register to be able to stay here, they took my Swiss I.D. card that allows me to work here and said they would send it in 3 weeks. They should have sent it a week ago but it hasn't come... So hopefully I get it soon! That would be crazy if I got shipped to America! My new Mission Pres is Pres. Condie. He came out last June, and has been over in Austria. The future is so uncertain right now it is crazy! The work is going good though, the members are getting excited. They always praise us and are expecting to see great things, but so are we! The work in Dielsdorf is really coming along, it is exciting. Last week we found a new investigator. His name is Murat, he is about 22 and can speak French, English, and Turkish. He already had a BoM when we doored into him, he said he read in it prayed and felt good. This was all before he ever met missionaries. He has been prepared, it is exciting. I am doing well, I get to go to the Temple in a week, I am so excited. There is so much power there, so much strength. I need it! I love you Mom!
Elder Talley

4 comments:

Raymond Teodo a.k.a. was_bedeutet_jemanden said...

I heard about this too, from one of my missionary companions. I didn't believe it at first, until I've Googled the topic and seen all the different articles about it. Yours was one of them. I'm really sad that this has happened, because I loved my time over there! :-( But, like you said, it is the Lord's will, and we've gotta accept it....

Gee, I didn't realize that the Swiss Govt. was cracking down that hard on the missionaries! Do you think they would ever allow German/Austrian/Swiss missionaries teach over there? And why are they picking on the U.S. missionaries? If you find out any more important info, I would love to be updated. My email address: r_teodo@hotmail.com

Kabuski said...

I just found out that the mission in which I served, Spain Bilbao is being dissolved as well. Crazy!

Kirbi said...

You are so cute to tell your Mama ou love her. She misses you so mch, she ALWAYS talks about you!Hurry home, your little niecie wants to meet you Uncle Matt! :)

~KELSEY~ said...

your so funny matty I miss you sooooo much come home soon
love you