CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 12, 2009

Solothurn

My new "golden" companion is Elder Kunzler. After meeting him and taking pictures we ate some of Sister Materns delicious food Mmmmm. Reminded me of when I came in, except now I was actually talking and could understand it all. haha. Then we were off to Solothurn. We got in, unpacked a little, then we were off on our way o a family that wanted to meet us and tell us a little bit about the ward. They were funny, they were joking around saying in Swiss German that E.K. didn't like the food, and thought that they were crazy for eating it and stuff. They were just joking around and I couldn't help but smile, because I can understand Swiss German. Next we went to a meeting with the Bishop. That went well, we talked about what he expects of us and what we expect of him. On Friday we planned, that went really well, I just called a bunch of people, old investigators, new, less actives, and we set up ton of appointments for the coming week. It was sweet! Saturday we had a street display to pass out the fliers for this celebration we are having in the ward. It was amazing, we passed out more than 400, which is pretty darn good for it having to do with the church and in Switzerland! It was way good. We met a member who was confirmed by a "golden" Dale C Lloyd (My Moms cousin). I also met a member on the street as we were going to Bahnhof. His name is Ben, he is way cool, he was born in Switzerland but moved to none other than West Valley City when he was 1! He knew where we live, and he graduated from Granger! Way crazy...Sunday was really good, the ward is legit. They all gave testimony of missionary work. They are so ready to help. After church I spoke with Ben again. He asked if I knew a family named Remund and I said ya...Kylie Remund! Andit turns out was way good friends with her sister, and I was way good friends with Kylie. Insaine! After church we did some streeting, that was really good. We gave out more fliers, and something really neat happened. I saw this lady a little ways away and I felt like I should go and talk to her, but I thought right after no, there are people coming my way to talk to, So I ingored it...Then a second later Elder Kunzler aske me if he could go talk to her! well, I failed following the spirit. But he went and talked to her for a long time. I'm glad E.K. chose to follow the spirit...lesson learned. I love you all oh so much. Elder Talley

0 comments: